Visit The Horse Trust
We are now closed to visitors for 2023. Please check back in the New Year to book your tickets when we reopen our gates in 2024.
The Horse Trust is set within the Chiltern Hills, an area of outstanding natural beauty, between High Wycombe and Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire. It is here that we care for up to 140 retired and rescued horses, ponies and donkeys.
Public Opening Hours:
Thursday – Sunday & Bank Holidays from 1pm – 4pm (during school holidays we will also be open on Wednesdays). Last entry 3:40pm. Please note we close for the winter during December and January.
All tickets must be pre-booked and paid for in advance via Eventbrite (1 ticket = 1 car) except for Gold sponsors and Season Pass 2023 holders.
Vehicle Entrance Fee:
General Admission: £8 per car
Concessions : £5 per car (Blue Badge holders & OAPs 66+)
Minibus : £12 (up to 18 people)
£1 per person for those arriving on foot (no need to book ahead). For coach bookings, please enquire directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or 01494 488464.
2023 Season Pass
Our 2023 Season Pass is available for regular visitors at £35 per vehicle, providing unlimited entry during our regular opening hours. These are available to purchase on our website here, on your visit, or by calling 01494 488464.
*Unfortunately we cannot issue any refunds for cancellations. Bookings are only transferable at our discretion to an alternative date if you contact The Horse Trust directly at email@example.com at least 48 hours before the date you originally booked to visit. We cannot guarantee that we can change the date of your visit; however, we will make all reasonable efforts on a case by case basis. If you cannot attend, your booking fee will go as a charitable donation towards the horses, ponies and donkeys in our care.
Should you have any queries you can contact us on 01494 488464 during office hours Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessibility and Additional Visitor Information:
- For guaranteed entry, visitors are required to pre-book tickets prior to arrival. (unless you have a 2023 Season Pass, in which case you won’t pay an entry fee)
- Gates open at 1pm – early arrivals before this time won’t be permitted entry until 1pm
- You may arrive anytime between 1pm and 3:40pm
- The Horse Trust operates a “No Feeding Policy”. Our horses, ponies and donkeys are on special diets and feeding them can make them ill
- Toilets are available on the stable yard and next to the Black Beauty Tea Room (including disabled toilets and baby changing facilities)
- No picnics allowed. We have a lovely tea room on-site where you can purchase cream teas, cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Smoking is strictly not permitted anywhere on the premises
- Dogs are welcome, providing they are well behaved, are kept on a lead at all times and are comfortable with horses
- Coaches are strictly by appointment and on week days only
- Group visits may be available out of hours by prior arrangement. Please email email@example.com or call 01494 488464 to find out more
- We cannot guarantee that a specific resident will be available to see on a given day. We strive to have as many horses as possible available at visiting hours, however the care and health of our residents is our number one priority and their needs must come first
Send us a message:
Directions to The Horse Trust
Our location is shown on the map below.
Directions from M40
Leave M40 at junction 4 and follow the A4010 towards Aylesbury.
Stay on this road until you reach the Red Lion public house where you turn right, signposted Walters Ash, (you will see a brown sign for the Home of Rest for Horses). At the top of the hill turn left, pass RAF High Wycombe on the left, and in approximately half a mile turn right into Slad Lane. The Home is the first right about 100 yards along.
Directions from High Wycombe
Take the A40 towards West Wycombe, turning onto the A4010 signposted Aylesbury at a roundabout. Stay on this road until you reach the Red Lion public house where you turn right, signposted Walters Ash, (you will see a brown sign for the Home of Rest for Horses). At the top of the hill turn left, pass RAF High Wycombe on the left, and in approximately half a mile turn right into Slad Lane. The Home is the first right about 100 yards along.
Directions from Princes Risborough
Take the A4010 towards High Wycombe. Just on the outskirts of Princes Risborough there is a crossroads. Take the left turn into Woodway, signposted Lacey Green/ Naphill. Follow this road along and up a steep windy hill into Lacey Green. Once through the village the road opens up into a long straight. About 300 yards along there is a crossroads with a bus stop on either side. Turn left into Slad Lane. The Home is the first right about 100 yards along.