Sorry, we are currently still closed to visitors due to Covid-19.
We are planning to re-open at the end of July 2021 and we will keep our website updated with all the latest visiting information.
The Horse Trust is set in 200 acres of beautiful Chiltern countryside between High Wycombe and Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire. It is here that we care for over 140 retired and rescued horses, ponies and donkeys.
Public Opening Hours: Thursday-Sunday from 2pm-4pm. We are also open on Bank Holidays, from 2pm-4pm.
Entrance Fee: £5 per vehicle* (£3 per vehicle for OAP / Registered Disabled concessions). We are a charity and rely entirely on public donations to fund our work. We therefore charge a small entry fee to help us raise funds to care for our residents. Season passes are available for regular visitors at £35 per vehicle providing unlimited entry during our regular opening hours. These are available to purchase on your visit or by calling 01494 488464.
Here’s what you can look forward to on your visit...
*Depending on the size of the vehicle, those with 7+ passengers will be at our discretion. Parking is limited and minibuses and coaches can be admitted by prior arrangement only. Please contact us for further information.
Accessibility and Additional Visitor Information:
- The Horse Trust operates a “No Feeding Policy”. Our horses, ponies and donkeys are on special diets and feeding them can make them ill.
- Toilets are available on the stable yard and next to the Black Beauty Tea Room (including disabled toilets and baby changing facilities).
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Dogs are welcome, providing they are well behaved, are kept on a lead at all times and are comfortable with horses.
- Coaches – strictly by appointment and on week days only.
- Group Visits – out of hours visits are available to groups by prior arrangement. Please call 01494 488464 to find out more.
- We cannot guarantee that any specified resident will be available to see on any given day. We strive to have as many horses as possible available at visiting hours however the care and health of our residents is our number one priority and their needs must come first.
Send us a message:
Directions to The Horse Trust
Our location is shown on the map below.
Directions from M40
Leave M40 at junction 4 and follow the A4010 towards Aylesbury.
Stay on this road until you reach the Red Lion public house where you turn right, signposted Walters Ash, (you will see a brown sign for the Home of Rest for Horses). At the top of the hill turn left, pass RAF High Wycombe on the left, and in approximately half a mile turn right into Slad Lane. The Home is the first right about 100 yards along.
Directions from High Wycombe
Take the A40 towards West Wycombe, turning onto the A4010 signposted Aylesbury at a roundabout. Stay on this road until you reach the Red Lion public house where you turn right, signposted Walters Ash, (you will see a brown sign for the Home of Rest for Horses). At the top of the hill turn left, pass RAF High Wycombe on the left, and in approximately half a mile turn right into Slad Lane. The Home is the first right about 100 yards along.
Directions from Princes Risborough
Take the A4010 towards High Wycombe. Just on the outskirts of Princes Risborough there is a crossroads. Take the left turn into Woodway, signposted Lacey Green/ Naphill. Follow this road along and up a steep windy hill into Lacey Green. Once through the village the road opens up into a long straight. About 300 yards along there is a crossroads with a bus stop on either side. Turn left into Slad Lane. The Home is the first right about 100 yards along.