skip to Main Content

OUR STORY

2006

Our Story
2006

In 2006, The Home of Rest for Horses was renamed The Horse Trust.

Upon founding in 1886, The Home of Rest was established to help the working horses of London. After 120 years the mission had expanded, prompting the Home to be renamed. The new name better reflected the breadth and depth of our activities to promote and enhance the welfare of horses. This encompassed our dedication to improving the welfare of every horse, through scientific research aimed at improving horse care and welfare, and by providing training and advice to horse owners and equine professionals.

Our Home of Rest for Horses in Buckinghamshire remains at the heart of our charity. It is here that The Horse Trust cares for over 100 retired and rescued horses. In addition to the home, there is a ‘centre of excellence in horse care’, where The Horse Trust can demonstrate and share best practice in horse care and welfare.

 

Back To Top